Thursday, September 27, 2012

Table and chair makeover

Here is another of my projects from my yard saling with Brenda, my sister. We found the "free" table and I was checking it out to see if the wobbly legs were fixable. Silly me...I failed to realize that the glass top was not attached and when I tipped the table, the glass fell and shattered all over the driveway. Needless to say, I was embarrassed and I'm sure the seller was surprised at my lack of judgment. At this point, I was not about to leave the table no matter what. She just wanted it gone. Brenda took it home and took it apart and cleaned it up and stored it until I could get around to doing something with it. This is what it looked like before I started


I also found this little blue chair. It was heavy and sturdy and only $1. So I grabbed it, not knowing exactly what it would look like. Brenda suggested I sell them as a set, so I went to work on them...wood glue, paint, wooden insert for table top painted with chalkboard paint.


Here is the finished project:

Oops!! I can't find the "after" pictures. Sorry about that!! Take my word, it really turned out cute and I had a buyer almost immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment