Monday, October 1, 2012

SHOPPING AND FOOD

Monday has recently become the day to visit Mom. I called her yesterday to see if she wanted to go up to Williamsburg to shop with Brenda and eat at a local eatery. She agreed, so this morning I traveled to her home and picked her up.

The ride was uneventful and the conversation was random, but I am so glad to still be able to talk to my Mom. She always wants to know how the grandkids are doing and what is going on with us. So we chatted and enjoyed the beautiful scenery, noting that the leaves are just beginning to turn.

We arrived at our destination just ahead of Brenda. The shop we were visiting was "Three Peas and a Bean". Funny name, but lovely gift shop with lots of jewelry and accessories, as well as furnishings and accessories for the home. I found some of the jewelry that I "needed" and then we decided to go to "Charming Charlie" for the other piece that I "needed". I found what I "needed" there and we made our way to the "Chickahominy House" for lunch. This is a local eatery known for its country ham biscuits. Mom and Dad use to go there frequently and she seemed to really enjoy going there today. We enjoyed our lunch, shopped a little in their gift shop and then we headed for home. Mom was tired but I think she had a good time. I am so thankful to God for the godly parents that I was allowed to have, and I am thankful that Mom is still able to enjoy some fun times with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment