Sunday, March 31, 2013

RESURRECTION SUNDAY

Sleep escapes me this morning, so I thought after spending quiet time with the Lord, I would begin to write once again. Many days have passed since my last entry, but our life has not been dull or boring for sure. More about that later.

I have been pondering what we are celebrating today. I don't think I do a very good job of truly understanding all that it means. However, what I do know is that the work on the cross was finished and my salvation was paid in full. What wondrous love! Our heavenly Father was willing to give His only begotten Son to die on a cross so that we could be reconciled to Him and spend eternity with Him in heaven.

My prayer today is that my gratitude will be so obvious to all those I meet that they will want to come to know my Savior too. There must be a regular reminder of the Resurrection, I believe, in order for us to radiate our love and gratitude to our God.

As we spend time worshiping today, and spending time with family and friends, let us remember the One who was willing to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Let us be true witnesses of what happened on that day so many years ago. God in flesh willingly died, was buried and rose again, victorious over death, hell and the grave, so that we can have eternal life in heaven with Him.

By the way, God has been at work in our lives in unbelievable ways since my last entry. So I will be re-tracing our steps and trying to fill in the blanks. Check out the new blog entries in the past as well as the future.

We enjoyed gathering with our church family at Beacon Free Will Baptist Church and here are pictures of the precious children who attend our church...




After church the Pastor and his family gathered with us at our house for lunch. Later in the afternoon another family, the Muschiano's came over with their children and we had an egg hunt for the kiddos. I think they all enjoyed the fun, even the older kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment