Tuesday, April 2, 2013

SHOPPING

My carefully planned day began with quiet time, exercise, breakfast and then off to do my weekly shopping.

The fun began with a trip to Marshall's, then TJ Maxx, Salvation Army and HomeGoods. Mixed in with those pleasant moments, I did necessary grocery shopping as well. Seriously, I enjoy grocery shopping and am thankful for the opportunity to choose quality food to prepare for our family. However, the other kind of shopping is my favorite. Today was no exception as I finally found an affordable bedspread for our guest room, AND I found a Spring wreath, Spring tablecloth and a gift for a special friend on clearance at Marshall's.  I will post a picture of the bedspread when we get the mattress, but for now, here is the wreath and tablecloth. I can't post the other since my special friend might read the blog. I don't want to spoil her surprise....oh, I forgot...it's already packaged up and ready to mail. So I couldn't post it anyway. Silly me!!

When I saw the lovely yellow table cloth, I imagined it with my china at a tea party




This blog may seem a little trivial, but I want to be reminded of the everyday blessings that God pours out. Rather than complaining and stressing, I want to remember and show gratitude for all the ways that He allows us to enjoy His blessings...markets with safe and tasty food, stores with affordable furnishings and gifts. We may not always enjoy the bounty that we enjoy today, but while we do, let us be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment